If you’re looking for free things to do in Boston, there’s plenty to do and see. From taking in a Red Sox game to enjoying an outdoor concert, you’ll never be without an activity suitable for any age. XV Beacon Hotel is perfectly perched at the top of Beacon Hill, so you’re just steps away from the city’s best summer attractions.
Need a little inspiration? We grabbed our top 10 free things to do in Boston to make your itinerary easy:
- Pack a lunch and enjoy a picnic in Boston Common. Hint: Head to the top of the hill and enjoy great views of the city.
- Take a short ride out to the Blue Hills and go for a hike. Don’t forget your camera! At the peak of the hill you’ll enjoy beautiful views of Boston.
- Take a history walk through the Commonwealth Mall. At each block, you’ll stumble upon some of our nation’s most historic figures, and a few local ones who helped shape the city of Boston.
- If you’re visiting on a weekend, stroll through the Boston Greenway’s Open Market on Saturdays or the South End Open Market on Sundays. (It doesn’t cost anything to peruse the vendors, but if you see something you like you’ll have to pay for it.)
- Search for wildlife or just enjoy a stroll among nature at the Mount Auburn Cemetery. For a self-guided tour, download their app on your mobile phone.
- Take on the festivities at the Lawn on D, an open art installation in Boston’s Fort Point area.
- Grab a guide and walk the 2.5-mile Freedom Trail, which highlights several historical sites including The Old North Church and Granary Burying Ground.
- Visit the oldest working warship in our nation’s history, the USS Constitution, in Charlestown. Admission is a donation of your choice.
- Head to the beach! Dip your toes in the sand at Boston’s Castle Island. There’s a snack shack on site so you can enjoy some treats while you’re here.
- Enjoy an outdoor concert or movie night at one of the various locations in Boston. The North End’s Christopher Columbus Park, The Esplanade and the deck at the Boston Harbor Hotel all off free concerts and movie nights. Ask our concierge for a schedule!