Our Pastry Chef Suzanna shares XV Beacon’s amazingly delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe for you to try at home. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 ⅔ cups bread flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted butter (2 1/2 sticks)
- 1 ¼ cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Measure flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Scrape bowl. Add eggs with vanilla, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape bowl. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Drop chocolate chips. Chill for at least one hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Set aside.
- Scoop mounds of dough onto baking sheet, and bake until golden brown but still soft, time will vary depending on each oven. Check at 10-12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack for 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough, or reserve dough, refrigerated.